This year, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Disney partnered together and conducted a social media campaign — “ShareYourEars”.
What is “ShareYourEars”?
To honor the 100,00th Disney wish granted globally, and in celebration of Disneyland Resort’s 60th Anniversary, this year, Disney, together with “Make-A-Wish”, has invited their audiences to share an image of Mickey Mouse Ears, or any creative ears at all, on Facebook by using the Share Your Ears photo frame, and/or on Twitter and Instagram with a hashtag #ShareYourEars”. Each social media post will generate $5 donation to the Make-A-Wish Foundation from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. The original goal was attract around 100,000 participants and to donate up to $1 million to Make-A-Wish.
With over 200,000 social media participants, Disney Parks proudly announced that with the heavy audiences involvement, it would double the original pledge to donate $2 million to Make-A-Wish due to the mass public support for the campaign. The total amount of donation will then go to save those kids with life-threatening medical conditions and to change their future lives.
Why I think this campaign is good?
- Create huge social media interactions between Disney and its fans
– #ShareYouEars# campaign became a trending topic on Facebook
– The topic blew up on Instagram the next day it came up
- Raise people’s awareness about Disney
- Establish a vivid brand image of being a community-focused and caring brand
- Drive traffics to Disney Parks & Resorts
-For the people who are interested in this campaign, and are also planning a trip in the near future, they might consider Disney as their first choice.
- Conduct a partnership that is consistent with Disney’s brand image to strengthen its personality and image inside people’s mind
– Disney’s brand image: A place where makes you dream comes true/ Kid-friendly/ Cheerful
– By partnering with Make-A-Wish Foundation, Disney really finds the perfect collaboration which tells people that besides making healthy kids dreams come true, Disney is also striving to save kids who are under life-threatening medical situations, and give them money to make their dreams come true. By conducting the campaign on social media, Disney is also telling its audiences that the brand is following the latest technological trend, and it is never out-of-date.
– An example of how Disney makes dream come true through this campaign: